Saturday, December 8, 2012

BEING SICK

I hope I'm not alone when I say being sick this time of year totally sucks. This is a time of year when people get together, when they do things like bake cookies and go shopping. It's a time of year when if you didn't go to church you suddenly remember that one exist and start going again. Being sick stops all of that.

Where I got it from I have no idea. All I know is that Tuesday night I felt terrible and it progressed from there. The next thing I knew I felt like I was going to toss the good ole cookies (no not the Christmas one. They weren't made yet). Then my sinuses got stuffy and my nose runny at the same time. How these two things can happen simultaneously I have no idea. Then the body aches kicked in. With no insurance the two best forms of meds were Robitusin and cough drops. 

The cough drops were the thing that surprised me the most. Cherry menthol. They soothed the throat so I didn't cough and the menthol cleared my sinuses somewhat. Unfortunately they don't make these in intravenous form or I'd be hooked up in no time flat. 

So here I sit on a Saturday unable to do much of anything. I was planning on doing dishes and making dinner but feel so bad I know that isn't going to happen. It's actually one of the few times I really don't care about either happening either. Papinos special for the night, along with paper plates, is sounding very attractive at the moment.

Worst of all I won't be going to church tomorrow. I've been going again and thoroughly enjoying it. This would have made week five. With any luck I'll be back next week. Until then I can always check out my own reading of the Bible, something I do most of the time anyway. Having read it through cover to cover once I go back and randomly pick chapters now. Okay I'll be honest. I did read the whole thing except the chapter about who begat who. I've never been a big genealogy fan. 

So I guess I'll watch a few things and take it easy one more day and hope for the best. Keep taking medicine, drinking hot tea and coughing up a lung or two. Before I leave I'll give you something to make you laugh. And yes, it's how I felt looking for the remote earlier today.



No comments:

Post a Comment